During spring 2018 all post-processing of the weather model was redesigned.
25 February 2018: These changes are ongoing and will be completed during spring.
* All post-processing software rewritten in C++ (instead of Fortran and NCL).
* New calculations for thermal heights. The goal is to improve the precision of the forecast, especially in weak conditions.
* New images for soundings.
* More soundings.
All calculations except thermal height are basically the same and the forecast will not differ much from previous years.
* Requires a lot less CPU-power and resources (reduces computing time with about 1,5 hour every day in total).
* More possibilities to tune the calculations for better forecasts.
* It will be possible to create more soundings (the creation was very slow in the old version)
* Some changes on the website.
* When the new version of the forecasts are released they will automatically be used in the Apps for iPhone/Android.
* When more soundings are added it will be necessary to update the Apps for iPhone/Android.